Receiver – Job Description
The Receiver shall be directly responsible to the Receiving Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet Donors.
- Accept merchandise; access viability of merchandise and sort to appropriate area.
- Move C&L merchandise into the trailer.
- Perform small repairs of damaged items (only when time allows and the value of the merchandise does not become a time burden that devalues its effort to keep).
- Provide customer assistance with unloading and loading of merchandise donated or purchased.
- Rotation of seasonal boxed merchandise.
- Maintain accessibility of exterior and interior walkways and aisles for safety of staff and clients.
- Dispose of all trash and refuse in building.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be required or assigned by the Executive Director or Operations Manager.
- Ability to relate with a wide variety of individuals.
- Must have the ability to speak, read and write clearly.