Cashier – Job Description
The Cashier shall be directly responsible to the Operations Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Setting up of daily cash drawer.
- Greeting customers checking out.
- Handling and completing retail transactions.
- Completing purchase agreements with customers.
- Managing “paid and hold” purchases.
- Documenting over-rings with two signatures.
- End of day cash drawer reconciliation.
- Monitor store for shoplifting.
- Monitor thrift store for appropriate behavior of people on the retail floor.
- Monitor and straighten shelves, aisles, retail floor and stock thrift shelves as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be required or assigned by the Executive Director or Operations Manager.
- Must have excellent personal skills with the ability to relate with a wide variety of individuals.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write clearly.
- Must be able to operate a cash register and properly handle retail financial transactions.