Organization: Wilson County Community Help Center
Open Position: Executive Director
Mission of The Wilson County Community Help Center
The Wilson County Community Help Center, created in 1988, was established with the vision and support of area churches. The objective of the Wilson County Community Help Center is to provide food, clothing, household necessities, counseling and financial assistance for utilities, gasoline and prescription drugs to the indigent, needy and impoverished individuals and families within Wilson County, TN. (The Help Center runs a thrift store which is used to generate funds for these programs and services).
The WCCHC Board of Directors is searching for an Executive Director, reporting directly to the
Board President, and working closely with all Board Members to grow and secure the future of The Help Center.
Vision and Leadership
• In partnership with the Board of Directors, establish the vision for the Help Center, build the roadmap and lead the mission.
• Uphold the organization’s Operational and Personnel policies.
Fundraising and Donor Development
• Lead and execute all fundraising campaigns to ensure the Help Center has the financial support to carry out the mission. This includes building a fundraising plan and schedule; Identify grants for which Help Center is qualified and create yearly timetable for applying for grants; write grants, grant submission management; plan and hold social events, raffles and other forms of fundraising.
• Prepare monthly report of development contacts; create monthly goals for monetary donations from local businesses, church congregations, social clubs, etc.; maintain upto- date and accurate electronic records on donations. Ensure donors receive frequent acknowledgement of their support and the impact of their contributions.
• Develop volunteer team(s) to manage community fundraisers and lead various activities to raise awareness for Help Center programs and services.
Public Relations and Marketing
• Manage public relations (email newsletter to Circle of Friends and patrons, solicit regular speaking engagements to show appreciation and garner support, publish print and social media, develop personal relationships with pastors at area churches, and leaders of local businesses, and the like).
• Bring awareness of the Help Center through various media outlets, such as social media outlets, local radio and television, local community and social clubs. Build a network of supporters by sharing the work of the Help Center and the clients to whom we provide services.
• Lead various committees to share the vision of where the Center is heading and what is being done to serve the community.
• Develop and execute marketing plan and social media content development.
• The Store Operations Manager will report directly to the Executive Director.
• The Store Operations Manager is responsible for direct management of all staff. Staff consists of approximately 15 full and part-time employees and various volunteers.
Minimum Requirements – 3+ years of experience
• Expert skills in grant writing, submission and grant management and reporting.
• Expert skills in implementing fundraising programs for non-profits.
• Managing public relations.
• Developing and strengthening donor relationships.
• Inspiring public speaker with clear and articulate presentation skills.
• Supporting and/or providing social programs.
• Leading non-profits, and leading as a compassionate, yet strong team leader.
• Good organizational, time management and responsiveness skills.
• Good business acumen – ability understand and interpret financial statements and federal, state and other related regulatory requirements.
• Basic-to-good technical skills with software programs such as e-mail and Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Managing mailing lists, data management and data analytics skills.
• Compassionate, yet strong team leader.
• Undergraduate Degree.
• Having a heart for the job and the community served.
• Overseeing internal and external maintenance of a facility.
• Rallying volunteer support from the community.